Hugs and Kisses
Surprise your family with a special treat that says "I love you!"
Kids love to play in dough! Get them involved in the shaping, which
will make these treats extra-special for visiting grandparents or other relatives.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Granulated sugar or colored sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar and
the egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface generously
dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball;
knead 5 times.
- Roll or pat dough into 6 1/2-inch square, 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 12 strips.
Shape 6 strips into circles to make O shapes; pinch ends to secure. Cut remaining
6 strips crosswise in half; crisscross pairs of strips to make X shapes. (Or use
X- and O-shaped cookie cutters dipped in Bisquick mix.) Place hugs and kisses on
ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Immediately brush with melted butter
and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time: 15 min | Start to Finish: 25 min | Yield: 12 rolls
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.
Substitution: Add extra flavor by sprinkling flavored sugars over the hot rolls.
Try cinnamon-sugar, vanilla sugar or coconut sugar, which you'll find in the
spice section of large supermarkets or cake decorating stores.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 65 ); Total
Fat 7 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 320 mg; Total Carbohydrate
15 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4 %; Iron 4 %
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Valentine's Day Recipes