Heart-shaped scones with a touch of baked-in berry preserves. It's a great recipe
for kids helping in the kitchen.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons strawberry or raspberry preserves
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- Beat egg slightly in medium bowl. Stir in milk, applesauce, butter and almond
- Stir in remaining ingredients except preserves and powdered sugar just
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupsful about 3 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Pat into heart
shapes about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch high, using fingers dusted with flour. Make
shallow well in center of each heart, using back of spoon dipped into flour. Place
1/2 teaspoon of the preserves in each well.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 35 min | Servings 9
You and your little helper can measure the ingredients the night before, so all
you do is make and bake on serving day.
No almond extract on hand? Just use vanilla extract instead.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 215 ( Calories from
Fat 55) Total Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 30 mg Sodium 320 mg Total
Carbohydrate 36 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g ) Protein 5 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A2%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium12%; Iron10%
Exchanges:2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Valentine's Day Recipes