A pinch and a poke create the fun heart shape in quick rolls rolled with a sweet
- 4 1/2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (4-serving size) raspberry- or strawberry-flavored gelatin (not sugar-free)
Powdered Sugar Icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 1 1/3 cups milk and the almond extract until
soft dough forms.
- On surface generously dusted with Bisquick mix, gently roll dough in Bisquick
to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll or pat each half into 12 x 7-inch rectangle. Spread
1 tablespoon of the butter over each rectangle. Sprinkle half of the gelatin over
each rectangle; spread evenly with back of spoon. Roll up each rectangle tightly,
beginning at 12-inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Cut each roll
into 12 (1-inch) slices.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- To make heart shape, pinch one side of slice to form sharp point; make deep indentation
in opposite side of dough with knife to make top of heart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix icing ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- Remove rolls from cookie sheet to cooling rack; spread icing over warm rolls.
Prep Time: 20 min | Start to Finish: 35 min | Yield: 24 rolls
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Not recommended.
Time-Saver: Skip the heart shape and make regular round rolls.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 35); Total
Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 310mg; Total
Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Valentine's Day Recipes