Valentine's Day Recipes
Cocoa-Kissed Red Velvet Pancakes
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 5 min | Yield: 10 pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Nestlé Toll House® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup reduced-fat buttermilk or lowfat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Heart-shaped pancake cutters or cookie cutters (optional)
- Optional garnishes: butter, powdered sugar, maple syrup and fresh berries
- Combine flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir well.
- Whisk egg, buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract and food coloring together in large bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir to combine. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes (this produces more tender pancakes).
- Heat nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush with a little oil or butter. Add about 1/4 cup batter to skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on top. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Serve immediately with butter, powdered sugar, syrup and berries.
- If using pancake or cookie cutters, be sure to coat with a little oil so the pancakes don’t stick. Place cutters in skillet and pour batter into cutters. Remove cutters before flipping.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com