Valentine's Day Recipes
Heavenly Heart-Shaped Pancakes
Pamper your Valentine with this charming recipe for Heavenly Heart-Shaped Pancakes. Dotted with mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels and sprinkled with powdered sugar, this is a fun breakfast.
Prep: 15 min | Yield: 18 pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, plus more for the griddle and cookie cutters
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-inch heart-shaped metal cookie cutters (optional)
- Powdered sugar
- Combine flour, morsels, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, oil and brown sugar in medium bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter may be lumpy).
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle into the shape of a heart; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn; continue to cook about 1 minute longer or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter. (For perfectly shaped pancakes, brush inside of cookie cutters with oil; place on griddle. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the cookie cutters and cook until bubbles begin to burst. Remove cookie cutters. Turn; continue to cook about 1 minute longer or until golden.)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Per serving: Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV) Saturated Fat: 3.5g (17% of DV) Cholesterol: 25mg (9% of DV) Sodium: 150mg (6% of DV) Carbohydrates: 27g (9% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV) Sugars: 12g Protein: 4g
Vitamin A: 2% DV Vitamin C: 0% DV Calcium: 8% DV Iron: 6% DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com