Cherry Amore Cake with Cherry Amore Sauce
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cherry brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 eggs
Cherry Amore Sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pitted red sour cherries, drained (reserve juice)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cherry brandy
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of freshly granted nutmeg
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat all remaining ingredients at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes on clean. Cool for 10 minutes;
remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Cherry Amore Sauce: In medium saucepan, stir together reserved cherry juice, sugar, salt and cornstarch. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cherries and all remaining ingredients. Cook another minute; remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place cake on serving dish. Drizzle with two glazes - a confectioners' sugar glaze and a glaze of chocolate-hazelnut sauce such as Nutella.
- Slice cake and spoon Cherry Amore Sauce over slices.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.