Cherry Cordial Cupcakes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 egg and sugar until smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup cherry pie filling, liqueur and chocolate chips; chill.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, remaining 2 eggs, oil, water and 1 cup cherry fruit filling. Using electric mixer; blend on low speed for 30 seconds until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/3 full. Top each with 1 tablespoons cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter over cream cheese mixture, filling muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 21 servings