Chocolate Mayan Bundt Cake
A unique twist on a favorite. This Bundt cake is infused with chocolate, cinnamon
and cayenne flavors and topped with an elegant chocolate or cinnamon glaze.
- 6 ounce NESTLE CHOCOLATIER™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bar(s), broken into small pieces
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 ounce NESTLE CHOCOLATIER™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- Pinch salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Cake: Microwave baking bars in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl
on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. If pieces retain some of their original
shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer
bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in melted chocolate. Beat flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately
with milk. Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer cake to serving platter. Drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze. Let set
- Chocolate Glaze: Microwave baking bar in small, uncovered, microwave-safe
bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. If pieces retain some of their
original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring
just until melted.
- Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in medium bowl. Form a well; pour in butter,
whipping cream, salt and melted chocolate. Stir until blended. If necessary,
add remaining powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until pouring or drizzling
consistency is reached.
- Spoon Chocolate Glaze over top of cake. Let stand until glaze is firm.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>>Valentine's Day Recipes