Inspire romance any day of the week with this recipe for indulgence.
With its divine raspberry mousse and moist yellow sponge cake
separated by a thin layer of decadent chocolate, Chocolate Rhapsody
is sure to make love abound.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Raspberry Mousse Layer
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed, pureed and strained
- 8 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- Cake Layer: Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar
and butter in small mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and
vanilla extract. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk.
Spread into prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Chocolate Layer: Microwave morsels and 3/4 cup cream in medium, uncovered,
microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. If morsels retain some of their
original shape, microwave at additional
10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool completely.
- Raspberry Mouse Layer: Combine sugar, water and cornstarch in medium saucepan;
stir in raspberries. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Cool completely.
- Microwave baking bars and 1/2 cup cream in medium, uncovered,
microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute;
stir. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave
at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until
pieces are melted. Cool completely. Stir into raspberry mixture.
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream and vanilla extract in large
mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold raspberry mixture into whipped cream.
- To Assemble: Remove side of springform pan; dust off crumbs. Grease inside
of pan; reattach side. Spread 3/4 cup chocolate mixture over
cake layer; freeze for 5 minutes. Spoon raspberry mousse over
chocolate; freeze for 10 minutes.
- Carefully spread remaining chocolate mixture over raspberry mousse. Refrigerate for at
least 4 hours or until firm.
- Carefully remove side of springform pan. Garnish with whipped cream and raspberries.
Prep Time: 45 min | Cook Time: 15 min | 12 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 540 Calories from Fat:
330 Total Fat: 37 g Saturated Fat: 24 g Cholesterol: 100 mg
Sodium: 150 mg Carbohydrates: 51 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars:
36 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>>Valentine's Day Recipes