Coconut Heart Dream Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) lemon cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Coconut Cream Flavor Cook & Serve Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 envelope DREAM WHIP Whipped Topping Mix
- Red food coloring
- 1 1/3 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour
evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch heart-shaped layer pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix as directed on package for pudding except using
only 1 3/4 cups milk; cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Split each cooled cake layer in half horizontally, making a total of 4 layers.
Spread each of 3 layers with about 2/3 cup of the pudding; stack layers. Cover with
remaining cake layer.
- Prepare whipped topping mix as directed on package; tint pink with a few drops
food coloring. Spread on top and side of cake; sprinkle coconut around edge of top
and on side of cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with raspberries just before serving.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 290 Total fat 13g Saturated fat 6g Cholesterol
40mg Sodium 300mg Carbohydrate 39g Dietary fiber 1g Sugars 26g Protein 4g
Vitamin A 0%DV Vitamin C 4%DV Calcium 10%DV Iron 6%DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>>Valentine's Day Recipes