Perfect for a Valentine’s or anniversary party, this lovely dessert requires
just a half hour of preparation time and serves 12.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (1 pound) can creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 tablespoon candy decors or nonpareils
- 1/3 cup round candy-coated chocolate candies, if desired
- 1/2 cup small conversation heart candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom only of 8-inch round cake pan and
8-inch square pan with cooking spray or grease with shortening.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with electric mixer
on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
Pour 2 cups batter into round pan and remaining batter into square pan.
- Bake for 27 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; place on wire racks. Cool
completely, about 30 minutes.
- Cut round cake in half. On serving tray or large platter, arrange square
cake and round cake halves into heart shape (see diagram); attach cakes with
small amount of frosting. Spread frosting on sides and top of cake. Arrange
chocolate candies around top edge of cake. About 2 inches inside chocolate candies,
arrange cinnamon candies in heart shape.
- Place 3-inch heart-shaped open cookie cutter in center of cake. Pour candy
decors evenly inside cookie cutter; remove cookie cutter from cake. Arrange
conversation heart candies and chocolate candies around smaller heart.
- Arrange square cake and round cake halves into heart shape; attach cakes
with a little frosting.
prep time 30 min | servings 12
If you like devil's food or yellow cake, it can easily be substituted for the
white mix. Just follow the directions on the box for amount of water, oil and egg
and the baking directions.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>>Valentine's Day Recipes