Hot Pink Raspberry and Cream Cake
Create layers of luscious cream and cake with a tart punch of fresh raspberries.
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® Self-Rising Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Pillsbury® Funfetti® Hot Pink Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with
parchment paper; spray paper with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat flour, eggs, frosting, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1/3
cup water with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally,
until blended. Pour and spread batter evenly in pans.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Carefully invert cake layers from pans onto cooling racks; remove parchment
paper. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- To make filling, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup
sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in whipped topping on low speed until blended.
- To assemble cake, place 1 cake layer top side down on serving plate. Spread
half of filling to edge; top with 1 cup of the raspberries; pressing berries into filling. Sprinkle with half of the pink decorator
- Place remaining cake layer, rounded side up on raspberries;
press gently. Spread remaining filling on cake. Top with remaining raspberries and pink decorator sugar.
- Store in refrigerator.
prep time 30 min | servings 8
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 500 Calories from Fat 200
Total Fat 22g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 2 1/2g Cholesterol 80mg Sodium 180mg Total
Carbohydrate 69g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 25g Protein 6g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 6%Calcium 6% Iron 8%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 1/2 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.