This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Italian Love Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounces nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the cake pan as directed on the cake
- Prepare chocolate cake batter according to package instructions and pour
into the prepared pan.
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla extract; mix until thoroughly
combined. Pour over the cake batter. Swirl through the batter with a knife.
Bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine instant chocolate pudding mix and nondairy whipped topping.
Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Chill until the cake has cooled, then frost.