Red Velvet Cupidcakes
Cupid strikes again. Topped with colorful candy sprinkles, each cupcake features
red velvet cake beneath a layer of kissable cream cheese frosting. These luscious
cupcakes will satisfy every generation of your family on Valentine's Day or
any other day of the year.
- 4 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCOLATIER 62% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Assorted sprinkles (optional)
- Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Paper-line 18 muffin cups.
- Microwave chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%)
power for 45 seconds; stir. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Combine milk and vinegar
in small glass measure. Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl on high for 2 minutes. Carefully beat in melted chocolate and red food coloring. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
Prep: 25 min | Cook: 22 min
Yield: 18 cupcakes; about 1 3/4 cups frosting
Nutritional information: Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat:
13 g Saturated Fat: 4.5 g Cholesterol: 45 mg Sodium: 140 mg Carbohydrates: 42 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.