Red Velvet Cupidcakes
Cupid strikes again. Topped with colorful candy sprinkles, each cupcake features
red velvet cake beneath a layer of kissable cream cheese frosting. These luscious
cupcakes will satisfy every generation of your family on Valentine's Day or
any other day of the year.
- 4 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCOLATIER
62% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon
red food coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese,
at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Assorted sprinkles (optional)
- For Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Paper-line 18 muffin cups.
- Microwave chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%)
power for 45 seconds; stir. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave
at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Combine milk and vinegar
in small glass measure. Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer
bowl on high for 2 minutes. Carefully beat in melted chocolate and red food
coloring. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture. Spoon
into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- For Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla extract
in medium mixer bowl until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Gradually
beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
Preparation Time: 25 mins |
Cooking Time: 22 mins |
Cooling Time: 30 mins cooling
Servings: 18 cupcakes |
Makes about 1 3/4 cups frosting
You may substitute store bought cream cheese frosting (one 16-ounce container)
to save time.
Frosting can be piped on with a pastry bag for a professional look.
Nutritional information: Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat:
13 g Saturated Fat: 4.5 g Cholesterol: 45 mg Sodium: 140 mg Carbohydrates: 42 g
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.