Salted Caramel-Kissed Cheesecake
Celebrate your love with a perfect combination of cheesecake and salted caramel
sauce. A chocolate Graham cracker crust and delicate chocolate curl garnish complete
a dessert that will set hearts aflutter.
- 1 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (3.5 ounce) WONKA Exceptionals Chocolate Waterfall Bar, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in medium bowl.
Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan or 9- to 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop half of chocolate bar and sprinkle evenly over
crust. Set aside remaining half of chocolate bar for chocolate curl garnish.
- For Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy.
Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is almost set and edges just begin to
- Remove from oven and quickly put together topping.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl;
mix well. Spoon topping over cheesecake, starting with the edges first and working
inward toward the center.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- For Salted Caramel Sauce: Combine water and sugar in medium saucepan. Heat
over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat
and boil, without stirring, until syrup is deep amber in color (occasionally
brush down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirl pan). This should take
about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; add whipping cream and salt (mixture
will bubble vigorously). Whisk until smooth, then pour into serving pitcher;
cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve: Gently run knife around inside of springform pan to loosen cheesecake.
Remove side of springform pan. With vegetable peeler, shred remaining chocolate
bar half around perimeter of cheesecake. Cut cheesecake into 16 wedges.
bottom of dessert plates with a little caramel sauce; top with piece of cheesecake.
Drizzle with additional sauce.
Preparation Time: 25 min |
Cooking Time: 50 min
Refrigerating Time: 3 hr |
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.