Surprise Raspberry Heart Cake
A heart-shaped surprise awaits you when you slice into this loaf cake.
Cooking Tip: For easier measurement, 1/4 teaspoon Food Color = 20 to 25
- 1 (2-layer size) box white cake mix
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons McCormick®
- Raspberry Extract, divided
- 24 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter
to medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the raspberry extract and red food color.
Pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan. Reserve remaining batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut out heart shapes with 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Set aside.
- Stir vanilla extract into reserved batter. Pour 1/2 of the batter into 8-inch loaf
pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Press cake hearts vertically into cake
batter along center of loaf pan. Pour remaining batter over top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of white cake
comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat butter and remaining 2 teaspoons raspberry extract in large
bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar alternately
with cream, beating well after each addition and scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently.
- Frost cooled cake with frosting.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 1 hr | 12 servings
Nutritional information (amount per serving) Calories: 451 Total Fat: 19g
Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 392mg Carbohydrate: 68g Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.