Sweetheart Cut-Up Cake
Transform two cake layers easily with our Cut-Up Cake for Sweethearts. This heart-shaped cut-up cake is covered with COOL WHIP, pink coconut and candies.
- 1 package (2-layer size) cake mix, any flavor
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 1/3 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- Red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon red hot candies
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package, dividing batter evenly
between 8-inch square cake pan and 8-inch round cake pan.
- Cool completely.
- Cut round cake in half. Leave square cake whole. Place square cake on serving
tray in diamond position. Using small amount of whipped topping to hold pieces
together, place half circles against top two adjacent sides of square cake to
resemble a heart.
- Frost cake with remaining whipped topping.
- Tint coconut pink with food coloring;
sprinkle over frosting.
- Decorate with candies.
- Store in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 min | Yield: 12 servings, one piece each
Healthy Living: Prepare as directed, using COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
How to Tint Coconut: Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Dilute a few drops
food coloring with 1/2 teaspoon water; add to coconut. Seal bag. Shake until coconut
is evenly tinted. Add more diluted food coloring if a darker shade is desired.
Recipe and photo credit: kraftrecipes.com