Valentine Raspberry Chocolate Fudge Red Velvet Cake
- 1 (18 1.4 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup creme de cocoa or raspberry liqueur or brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 jumbo or extra-large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, Old-fashioned 7-Minute Icing or Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, creme de cocoa or
raspberry liqueur or brandy and oil; add eggs and beat at medium speed of an
electric mixer for 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Fold
in pecans. Spoon into two wax paper-lined greased 9-inch wide heart-shaped layer
pans or one greased and floured 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (heart-shape layer pans) or 45 minutes (tube or
Bundt pan) or until a cake tester inserted into the cake layers or cake comes out clean.
- Let cake or cake layers cool for 10 minutes in pan(s), top side up for tube
cake and upside down for Bundt cake.
- Turn out onto wire rack(s) to finish cooling.
- For heart-shaped cake, arrange one layer on a cake serving plate. Evenly spread
raspberry jam over cake layer. Top with second layer. Evenly spread top and sides with frosting of choice.
- For tube or Bundt, spread frosting of choice over top and
sides of cake. Sprinkle decorative confectioners' red sugar over cake as desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.