Valentine's Day Recipes
Gold Mine Truffles
Yield: 30 truffles
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Place the 1/2 cup coconut and confectioners' sugar in food processor bowl. Cover and process until coconut is finely chopped. Transfer mixture to shallow dish; set aside.
- For truffles, place walnuts, dates, raisins, cranberries, the 1/3 cup coconut, the cocoa powder and cinnamon in the food processor bowl. Cover and process or blend until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add peanut butter. Cover and process until mixture is moist enough to form a ball.
- Using hands, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Dredge or roll the balls in coconut mixture, gently patting the mixture onto sides of balls. Transfer to storage container. Cover; store at room temperature up to 7 days.
Per serving: calories: 79; total fat: 4g; saturated fat: 1g; cholesterol: 0mg; sodium: 11mg; carbohydrate: 11g; fiber: 1g; protein: 1g; vitamin
A: 0%; vitamin C: 0%; calcium: 1%; iron: 2%