Gold-Painted Chocolate Truffles
- 4 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 ounces sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Powdered gold leaf
- Melt 4 1/2 ounces of the semisweet chocolate in a double boiler until just
fluid. Using a whisk, incorporate softened butter, then egg yolk, sifted confectioners' sugar and cream into the melted
chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture in heart molds or any other molds (an egg poacher
works well as a mold), and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate in a double boiler until just fluid.
- Unmold chocolate truffles and dip them in the melted chocolate, shake off
excess chocolate and set on parchment paper. Trim excess chocolate.
- In a small bowl, combine liqueur and gold dust to achieve a paint-like consistency.
Using brushes, decorate hearts with gold "paint" - perhaps a fleur de lis or two, an "I love you," etc.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.