Here's My Heart Fudge
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) white chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa or Dutch process cocoa
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounce can) evaporated milk
- Few drops red food color (optional)
- 1 cup candied red cherries, quartered
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil.
- Place 1 cup white chips and almond extract in medium bowl.
- In second medium bowl, stir together cocoa, melted butter and vanilla extract
until mixture is smooth; add remaining 2/3 cup white chips (chips do not need to melt).
- Combine sugar, Marshmallow Creme, evaporated milk and 1/4 cup butter in
heavy 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
comes to full rolling boil (bubbles can't be stirred down); continue boiling
and stirring 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Immediately add half of hot mixture
to bowl with white chips only. Pour remainder into cocoa mixture; stir to blend.
Beat white chip mixture until chips are completely melted; stir in red food
color, if desired, and cherries. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Beat cocoa mixture until chips are melted and mixture thickens slightly.
Spread evenly over top of white layer. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from pan; peel off foil. Cut with heart-shaped cookie cutters or
cut into squares.
- Cover; store in refrigerator.
Yield: about 8 dozen squares
For best results, do not double this recipe.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.