Sweetheart Marbled Red Velvet Fudge
Classic marshmallow fudge is transformed into a beautiful work of art in this
Sweetheart Marbled Red Velvet Fudge.
- 3 (4 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 (4 ounce) packages BAKER'S White Chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White nonpareils, optional
- Cooking spray
- Grease a 9-inch square pan with baking spray. Line the pan with parchment
paper, leaving an overhang. Grease the parchment paper as well.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped semi-sweet chocolate and red food
coloring. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate and vegetable oil in a medium microwave-safe
bowl at 50% power for 30 seconds; stir. Continue to heat in 15-second
intervals (at 50% power) until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full
rolling boil. Boil for 4 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly or until candy
thermometer reaches 234 degrees F.
- Pour the hot mixture over the semi-sweet chocolate and stir vigorously
until mixture is smooth and red coloring is fully mixed in. Stir in the
marshmallow cream and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Spread half of the fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Dollop
tablespoons of the melted white chocolate over the fudge, using about 2/3 of
- Add the remaining fudge mixture to the pan and smooth the top. Dollop
the remaining white chocolate over the fudge. Use a knife to gently swirl
the white chocolate into the fudge. For best results, hold your knife
straight up and move it in a zigzag pattern from top to bottom across the
fudge mixture. Sprinkle with nonpareils, if desired.
- Place fudge in refrigerator until set. Use parchment paper to lift fudge
from pan. Cut into squares and serve.
Yield: 40 servings, 2 squares each
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft Kitchens