Valentine's Day Recipes
Cakey Chocolate Decadence Bars
With chocolate in every bite, these are perfect bars for your chocoholic Valentine.
Prep: 10 min | Bake: 18 min | Yield: 16 bars
- 30 Nestlé® Butterfinger Hearts, unwrapped Nestlé® Milk Chocolate Hearts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until combined. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Nestlé Hearts. Press into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com.