Valentine's Day Recipes
Chocolate Cherry Merlot Brownies
Sweeten the moment with this unique, wine lover's dessert. Bursting with merlot-soaked cherries, these fudgy brownies are bound to spark passion.
Yield: 16 brownies
- 1 1/4 cups (6 ounce package) dried sweet cherries, chopped*
- 1/2 cup Merlot wine
- 8 ounces Nestlé® Chocolatier™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bar(s), broken into small pieces
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Microwave dried cherries and wine in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute. Set aside for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain cherries; discard wine.
- Microwave small chocolate pieces in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted; cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in medium mixer bowl until well mixed.
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in drained cherries.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 33 to 37 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
* Sweetened dried cranberries can be substituted for the dried cherries.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com