Valentine's Day Recipes
Chocolate-Dipped Heart Cookies
Say "I love you" on Valentine's Day or anytime with a simple Create 'n Bake™ cookie dipped in luscious chocolate.
Bake: 9 min | Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 (16.5 ounce) roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove half of cookie dough from wrapper; refrigerate remaining dough until needed. Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of the flour onto work surface; coat sides of half of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- With floured 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts. Gently brush excess flour from hearts; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off; place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: