Valentine's Day Recipes
Gimme a Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package Hershey's Kisses
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1 1/8 inch balls; roll in extra sugar. Place on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven. Place a Hershey kiss on each cookie, pressing down lightly. Cool completely.