Valentine's Day Recipes
Fill these favorites with raspberry or strawberry jelly.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 well beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons Pet Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Raspberry or strawberry jelly
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Stir in egg, Pet milk and vanilla extract. Chill overnight before using.
- Roll out dough and cut with a heart cookie cutter. Each cookie needs a top and bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to10 minutes.
- When cool, assemble cookies. Place a teaspoon of jelly on the bottom of a cookie, then cover with another cookie. (The tops of the cookies should be facing outward on both top and bottom.) Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.