Valentine's Day Recipes
Layers of Love Chocolate Brownies
Made with a genuine love of chocolate, this decadent brownie features vanilla-flavored white and semi-sweet chocolate morsels, chopped pecans and caramel layered within a rich cocoa batter.
Prep: 10 min | Bake: 30 min | Yield: 16 brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Premier White Morsels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Reserve 3/4 cup batter.
- Spread remaining batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle nuts and white morsels over batter. Drizzle caramel topping over top.
- Beat remaining egg and reserved batter in same large bowl until light in color. Stir in semi-sweet morsels. Spread evenly over caramel topping.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Per serving: Calories: 310 Calories from Fat: 150 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 135mg Carbohydrates: 38g Dietary Fiber: 2g Sugars: 22g Protein: 4g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com
A finalist in the 2000 Share The Very Best Recipe Contest, this recipe was entered by Alma Carey of Sarasota, FL.