Orange-Scented Chocolate Heart Macaroons
These are sure to steal the heart of the coconut lover in your life.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 medium orange, peel grated
- 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 25 to 30 NESTLE CRUNCH Hearts, unwrapped or NESTLE BUTTERFINGER Hearts
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and cream cheese in medium mixer bowl until
- Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, orange juice and grated
orange peel; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat until well combined.
- Stir in 4 cups coconut.
- Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or
until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll balls in remaining coconut.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from
oven; immediately press 1 Nestle Heart on top of each macaroon.
- Cool for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving size: 25
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé and meals.com.