Raspberry Filled Chocolate Ravioli
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar in large bowl until blended.
Add egg, vanilla extract, chocolate extract, baking soda, salt
and melted chocolate, beat until light. Blend in flour to make
a stiff dough. Divide dough in half.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookies sheets or
line with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough, half at a time,1/8 inch thick between 2 sheets
of plastic wrap. Remove top sheet of plastic ( if dough gets
too soft and sticks to plastic, refrigerate until firm).
dough into 1 1/2 inch squares. Place half the squares 2 inches
apart on prepared cookie sheets. Place about 1/2 teaspoon jam
in center of each square; top with another square. Using fork,
press edges of squares together to seal, then pierce center
of each square. Bake for 10 minutes or just until edges are
browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: about 6 dozen cookies
Source: Favorite All Time Recipes: Chocolate Lover's
Cookies and Brownies