Raspberry Jam Filled Valentines
Heart shaped Linzer style cookies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- About 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- About 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Blend in flour and nuts to form stiff dough.
- Divide dough into two gallon-sized plastic food storage bags, roll to
1/4-inch thickness then chill.
- Cut bag at seams and uncover top of dough. Cut dough with 2-inch heart-shaped
cutter. Then use an apple corer or smaller heart-shaped cutter to remove the
centers from half of the hearts. Dough scrapes can be reformed and placed within
the cut bag for re-rolling (chill if necessary).
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until
edges are slightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Spread jam on the bottoms of the whole cookies and sift powdered sugar over
tops cookies with cutouts.
- Place cutout cookies over jam spread cookie so jam shows through cutout.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 dozen
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Reprinted with permission from