- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- Beat egg whites, vanilla extract and cream of tartar with electric
mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon
at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate
pieces and nuts.
- Drop cookie mixture by rounded teaspoons onto
greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees
F for about 20 minutes or until firm.
Remove from pan to wire
rack and let cool completely.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies