Valentine Stained Glass Hearts
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup red hot candies, crushed
- Frosting (optional)
- In mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs
and vanilla extract.
- Stir together flour and baking powder.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until dough is very stiff.
and chill about 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
Cut out cookies using a large heart-shape cookie cutter or use
a sharp knife and cut around a heart pattern. Transfer cookies
to a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out and remove
heart design from center of each cookie. Fill the cut out sections
with crushed candy.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are
lightly browned and the candy has melted.
- Slide foil off baking sheets.
- When cool, carefully loosen cookies from foil. If desired, pipe
decorative borders along edges.
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Per serving: 3311 Calories (kcal); 150g Total Fat; (40%
calories from fat); 51g Protein; 439g Carbohydrate; 747mg Cholesterol;
Food Exchanges: 18 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat;
0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 28 1/2 Fat; 10 Other Carbohydrates