White Velvet Cutouts
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Butter Cream Frosting
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar,
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- Red and/or
green food coloring*, optional
* For a deeper color of frosting, tint with food coloring paste available at
kitchen and cake decorating supply stores or in the Wilton section at Wal-Mart.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar,
egg yolks and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually add flour. Cover and chill 2
hours or until firm.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 3-inch shapes;
place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until set (not browned).
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
- Frosting: Combine 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla
extract and 3 tablespoons milk in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually add
remaining sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add enough remaining
milk and food coloring until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost cookies.