Almond Heart Napoleons
Special Extra: Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1 1/4 cups cold half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (4-serving) box JELL-O French Vanilla or Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unfold pastry. Using 2-inch heart shaped cookie cutter, cut each sheet into
12 hearts. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
- Split each heart in half horizontally.
- Pour half-and-half and liqueur into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat
with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the pudding mixture onto bottom half of each
heart; top with remaining pastry halves.
- Stir hot water into powdered sugar to make a thin glaze. Spread on top of
hearts. (If glaze becomes too thick, add more hot water until reaching desired consistency.)
- Before glaze dries, drizzle chocolate on top to form thin lines. Draw wooden
pick through chocolate to make design.
Prep: 40 min | Total: 1 hr 10 min | Yield: 24 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: kraftrecipes.com