Amaretto-Filled Chocolate Strawberries
on White Chocolate Fettucine
- 7 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Confectioners' sugar
- 24 large ripe strawberries, washed and patted dry
- Amaretto liqueur
- 8 ounces dark sweet chocolate, melted
- In a small bowl, mix together the white chocolate and corn syrup until a soft
dough forms. On a parchment or wax paper surface, gently roll out the dough by hand to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cool until stiffened in the refrigerator.
- Cut the chocolate into thin strips to resemble cooked fettuccine, about
1/3-inch wide. (Or, if you have a pasta machine, run it through for a fettuccine cut.) While cutting, let the strips fall into
a pile of the confectioners' sugar to prevent them from sticking. Refrigerate them for later use.
- Using a cooking syringe, inject 24 of the strawberries with a squirt of amaretto.
Dip each strawberry into the melted dark chocolate. Place the berries on parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet and
cool them in the refrigerator.
- Puree the remaining berries until smooth. Press through a fine mesh strainer.
- Cover each plate with a layer of sauce, add a few fettuccine noodles and top with
3 chocolate-dipped strawberries.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Savories Catering, Duluth, Minnesota