Blackberry Cheesecake Dessert for Two
What a great idea! A frozen roll is flattened to be the flaky and tender crust
for a creamy, dreamy fruit dessert for two.
No blackberries in sight? Try it with raspberries - simply delicious!
- 2 Pillsbury® Oven Baked frozen butterflake dinner rolls (from 20.3-ounce bag)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 ounces fresh blackberries or 1 cup Cascadian Farm® frozen organic blackberries, thawed, drained
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place frozen rolls on microwavable plate. Microwave
uncovered on High 10 seconds; turn over and microwave 10 seconds longer.
- Press and stretch each roll into 4-inch round with 1/4-inch-high rim around
outer edge. Using fork, prick dough generously. Spray cookie sheet with cooking
spray. Place rounds 2 inches apart on cookie sheet; brush surfaces with beaten egg.
- In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rounds.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. After 5 minutes, prick crust
if it starts to bubble.
- Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In same small bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed
- Beat in powdered sugar, whipping cream and lemon peel. Spread half over
top of each round; top with blackberries.
prep time 20 min | servings 2
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 450 Calories from Fat 260
Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 15g Trans Fat 2 1/2g Cholesterol 170mg Sodium 530mg
Total Carbohydrate 34g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 14g Protein 11g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 8% Iron 15%
Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury