Cherry Blackberry Cobbler
Just for your sweethearts, whip up this super-easy dessert of heart-shaped biscuits atop a bubbly fruit filling.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry fruit pie filling
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 (6 ounce) can Pillsbury Golden Layers Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium saucepan, combine pie filling and blackberries. Cook
and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly. Pour
into ungreased 8-inch square (1 1/2-quart) glass baking dish.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut a triangular notch in each
biscuit to form top of heart. Put notch on bottom of biscuit
to form tip of heart. Place on top of hot fruit mixture. In
small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle over
biscuit hearts. Sprinkle sliced almonds over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until fruit is
bubbly and biscuits are deep golden brown.
Yield: 5 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury