Valentine's Day Recipes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (two 9 inch crusts)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Allow both crust pouches to stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove one crust from pouch; unfold. Press out fold lines.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour over crust. Turn crust, floured side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Using a paper pattern as a guide, cut crust into a heart shape. Generously prick heart crust with fork.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degrees F oven for 9 to 11 minutes, or until light brown. Let cool. Repeat with the remaining crust.
- Combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract in a small bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until smooth. Add heavy cream; beat until thick.
- To assemble, place one heart-shaped pie crust on a serving plate; spread with 1/3 cup hot fudge. Carefully spread half of the cream cheese mixture over hot fudge. Spoon 2/3 of the cherry pie filling over cream cheese. Spread second crust with remaining
hot fudge and place over filling. Carefully spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Spoon remaining cherry pie filling about 1 inch from edge. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator.