Valentine's Day Recipes
Cherry Cream Cheese Turnovers
Yield: 8 turnovers
- 16 Rhodes Dinner rolls, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Combine 2 rolls together and roll into an 8 inch circle Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and butter and mix well. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly (approximately 1 tablespoon) between circles, spreading it over half of each and leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Divide pie filling evenly (approximately 2 tablespoons) and spoon over cream cheese mixture. Brush border of bottom halves with water; fold top halves over filling to enclose completely. Press edges to seal with your fingertips, then crimp firmly with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Some filling may seep out.
- Combine ingredients and brush over cooled turnovers.