Cherry Cream Cheese Turnovers
- 16 Rhodes Dinner rolls, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Turnovers: Combine 2 rolls together
and roll into an 8-inch circle Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and butter and mix well.
Divide cream cheese mixture evenly (approximately 1 tablespoon) between circles, spreading it
over half of each and leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Divide pie filling evenly (approximately 2 tablespoons)
and spoon over cream cheese mixture. Brush border of bottom halves with water; fold top halves
over filling to enclose completely. Press edges to seal with your fingertips, then crimp firmly with
- Bake at 350 degrees F 20-25 minutes. Some filling may
- Icing: Combine ingredients and brush
over cooled turnovers.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: