Cherry Tart Heart
- 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Tart: Press together and roll out 4 rolls to
a 12 x 12- inch square. Cut into a heart shape. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking
- Divide remaining dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece
into a 45-50 inch rope and braid. Place braid around the edge of heart. Pour cherry pie filling into
center of heart and spread evenly.
- Combine pecans, butter, flour and brown sugar mix, and
sprinkle over pie filling.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until edges are
- Vanilla Icing: Combine ingredients and
drizzle over tart.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: