Valentine's Day Recipes
Cherry Red Velvet Phyllo Cups
Looking for a delicious dessert for Valentine's Day? Little red velvet cakes are encased in flaky phyllo shells.
Yield: 60 desserts
- 4 (15 count) packages Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake batter per instructions on box. Drop one cherry into each shell. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cake batter into each shell over the cherries. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the cake mix is cooling, prepare the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and butter together, mix well. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla and beat for 5 minutes.
- Pipe or spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of frosting into each cup.
Optional: garnish with chocolate shavings
One can of cream cheese frosting can be substituted
Cups can be made ahead and kept frozen in an airtight container
Per serving (1 shell): (23g) Calories 70, Calories from Fat 25 Total Fat 3.5g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 45 mg Total Carbohydrate 9g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 3g Protein 1g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 2%