Valentine's Day Recipes
Chocolate Heart Tarts with Raspberries
Yield: 6 to 8 tarts
- Nesting heart cookie cutters
- #4 Decorating Tip
- Disposable Decorating bags
- 2 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated (9 inch) pie crusts
- Light or dark cocoa candy melts
- 1 egg white mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 7 ounces light or dark cocoa
- Candy melts, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On lightly floured surface; roll pie crusts out to 12 inch circle. Using largest cutter, cut out two hearts. To form border, cut out center of one heart using 3rd largest cutter. For various size tarts use cutters one size smaller for borders. Repeat with second pie crust. Using smallest cutter cut out petite hearts for garnish. To attach border to bottom, brush edge of heart with egg wash; top with border. Prick bottom with fork, bake 10-12 minutes to until light brown. Cool completely on rack.
- Heat whipping cream in saucepan to boiling point. Do not boil. Remove from heat, add chopped Candy Melts; stir until smooth and glossy. Cool.
- With bag and tip, pipe ganache into tart shells. Arrange raspberries on ganache. Top with small heart pastry. Garnish with mint and confectioners' sugar, if desired.