Valentine's Day Recipes
Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Mousse Delight
You’ll feel like you’re floating on cloud nine with this delightful blend of raspberries and chocolate. This chocolate raspberry brownie is topped with a raspberry cream cheese mousse.
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5 ounce package) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries, drained, mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 7 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, drained, mashed
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Microwave 1 cup chocolate chunks in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. Chunks may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in mashed raspberries. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Chop remaining
chocolate chunks into roughly 1/4-inch pieces.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and food coloring, if desired, in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Fold in mashed raspberries and chopped chocolate morsels.
- Beat cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into raspberry cream cheese mixture until blended. Spread mousse over cooled brownie. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into bars.
Per serving: Calories per serving 320, Calories from fat 150 Sugars 30g Protein 4g
% Daily Value * Total Fat 17g 26% Saturated Fat 10g 50% Cholesterol 60mg 20% Sodium 170mg 7% Carbohydrates 40g 13% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 4% Iron 6%
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: