Valentine's Day Recipes
Coconut Meringues with Rainbow Sherbet
Rainbow Sherbet nestled in a bed of coconut meringue and garnished with orange slices.
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup C&H® Superfine Sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut, flaked
- 6 scoops rainbow sherbet
- 6 oranges, broken into segments, with residual juice
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Whisk together egg whites and sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Place over pot of simmering water and gently stir until just hot and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and beat on high speed with electric mixer until cooled and thick. Fold in coconut.
- Divide meringue evenly into 6 mounds on parchment-lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Press gently on the top so they are 3 inches across and 1 inch high. With back of spoon, press into center, making 1/2 inch indent in center of each meringue.
- Bake for 2 hours, until outside is crisp, but inside is still soft.
- Cool to room temperature.
- To serve: Place a scoop of rainbow sherbet on top of each meringue. Spoon orange segments and some residual juice over sherbet.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
C&H Sugar, Inc.
Featured by: Chef Emily Luchetti