Valentine's Day Recipes
Crimes of the Heart Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden.
- May be served warm or chilled.