- 1 (9-inch) chocolate crumb pie crust
- Maraschino cherries (with stems) for garnish
- 1 quart ice cream (strawberry, cherry vanilla or chocolate swirl)
- Whipped cream
Extra Thick Fudge Sauce
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Allow ice cream to soften just until able to spread in pie shell.
Freeze until firm.
- Before serving, top with Fudge Sauce, cover with whipped cream
and decorate each serving with a stemmed cherry.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook over
low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and
mixture is smooth.
- Can be stored in refrigerator. Reheat over low heat or in microwave oven.
Sauce yields 2 1/2 cups.