Valentine's Day Recipes
Dress up fresh fruit for a special occasion. Imagine how elegant a tray of bite-size, chocolate dipped fruit will look at your next gathering - and how amazing they will taste.
Yield: 36 pieces (3 dozen)
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups (11.5 to 12 ounce package) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or Premier White Morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 36 bite-size pieces fresh fruit (strawberries, oranges, kiwifruit, bananas or melons), rinsed and patted
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted; cool slightly.
- Dip fruit about halfway into melted morsels; shake off excess. Place on prepared baking sheet; refrigerate until set.
For a Fancy Drizzle: Microwave 1/2 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Premier White or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels or Baking Bars, broken into pieces in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; knead. Microwave at additional 10-to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until set.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com