Easy Fruit-Filled Napoleons
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry, strawberry or raspberry pie filling
- Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll lightly to
remove folds. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each piece crosswise
into 5 (2-inch wide) rectangles, and place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until golden; remove
to wire racks to cool.
- Beat pudding mix and sour cream at low speed with an electric
mixer until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Split pastry rectangles in half horizontally. Spoon about 3
tablespoons filling into bottom halves, and top with 2 tablespoons
pie filling. Cover with top; drizzle with remaining pie filling.
Yield: 10 servings