Easy Valentine Strudels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 cups thinly sliced almonds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Dough: Cut butter into flour and salt with
pastry blender. Stir in sour cream until a soft dough forms. Wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. Roll 1 part dough into a 15 x 10-inch
rectangle on lightly floured cloth-covered board. (Refrigerate remaining dough.) Brush butter lengthwise over
about 2/3 of rectangle. Gently spread 1/3 Cherry Filling over butter. Roll up tightly, beginning with fruit side.
Place on greased baking sheet, bringing ends together to make heart shape.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle Pink Glaze on.
- Cherry Filling: Mix together.
- Pink Glaze: Mix.